Click here to sign into your account  

We know 90% of tenants use the internet to find properties – that’s why we’ll list your property on the major property websites in the UK...

Find out more

We can also provide you with:

  • Gas & Electric certificates
  • Industry leading inventories
  • EPC’s
  • Legal Services
  • All trades maintenance
  • Insurance
  • Conveyancing

Your Responsibilities 

The Condition of the Property and Disrepair

To make sure that the property is in good condition at the time it is let, without any ‘category hazards'. This is in line with the standards set under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System described in Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.

Where appropriate, carry out responsibilities under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Section 11 the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994.

In simple terms, the responsibilities under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Section 11, are to keep the following (where provided by the landlord) in good repair and proper working order:

  • The structure and exterior of the property (including drains, gutters and external pipes).

  • The installations at the property for the supply of water, gas and electricity and for sanitation (including basins, sinks, baths and sanitary conveniences). However,  you will only be responsible for the fixtures, fitting and appliances for making use of the supply of water, gas and electricity if they are owned and supplied by us.

  • The installations for space heating and heating water.

  • You should also keep any contents of the property (as listed in the Inventory) which belong to you in good repair and proper working order, fair wear and tear excepted.

However, you will not be responsible for:

  • The tenant carrying out work that they are responsible for under their duty to use the property in a ‘tenant-like manner'.

  • Rebuilding or reinstating the property if it has been destroyed by fire, storm or flood or some inevitable accident.

  • Repairing or maintaining anything which belongs to the tenant.

  • If the property is a flat or maisonette within a larger building, you will have similar obligations towards the rest of the building, but only for damage or neglect which will affect the tenants use of the property, and only if you are legally entitled to enter the relevant part of the larger building and carry out the necessary works or repairs.

Using the Property

You are to allow the tenant to to use and enjoy the property during the term without interference from yourself or anyone acting on your behalf. However, this does not affect your right to take legal action against the tenant to enforce your rights if the tenant break any of the terms of the agreement.


You are required to insure the property and any contents that belong to you, and will make reasonable efforts to arrange to repair any damage caused by an insured risk as soon as possible.